Monday, April 25, 2011

Gibbs 25 Ride-Sharing

Please use this comment thread to arrange ride sharing between the St. Louis airport and the Gibbs Conference at the Touch of Nature Center in Carbondale.

Please leave a comment if you are:

Willing to give someone a ride to or from the airport
or
If you are looking for a ride to or from the airport

People posting comments should say what time their flights arrive or leave in order to facilitate match ups.  (Or if you live in St. Louis and are willing to offer a ride, please note the time windows you will be driving to/from Gibbs).

People posting comments should also leave their email address in their comment so that ride-requesters and ride-offerers can contact each other.  N.B.  -- the organizers will only be sparingly monitoring this site, if at all  -- so if you want a ride or if you are offering a ride, please use this site as a way to initiate contact with other registrants and then directly make arrangements.

If you would like to avoid automated web crawlers that troll for email addresses for advertisers, simply list your address without the @ sign:  for example:  ride-offerer at stateuniversity.edu  instead of ride-offerer@stateuniversity.edu -- then only actual, literate humans will contact you.

Thank you,

Madeline, Jack, Bertrand, Karen, Doug & Mike

3 comments:

  1. Hey everyone!

    I'm looking for a ride from the airport to the conference center. My flight arrives Saturday at 1:41PM, which hopefully allows enough time to get there before the Saturday Night Thermo Session.

    I'd certainly be willing to share a car rental and/or drive.

    I haven't actually bought my ticket yet, so I might be able to work out an earlier arrival time.

    Thanks!
    Katie Hart
    kmhart at berkeley.edu
    Marqusee Lab, UC Berkeley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parent's Weekend at my son's college ends on Saturday, so I won't arrive at STL until 9:30 pm. Is anyone planning to be leaving St. Louis that late?

    Terry Oas
    Duke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got a good deal on a car at Priceline. If anyone needs a ride at 9:30, let me know and you can meet me at the airport.

      Delete